Passaic Valley Education Foundation
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
To establish the Passaic Valley Regional High School Education Foundation (PVRHSEF), a broad based, non-profit community organization, organized exclusively for charitable and educational purposes, including, by way of illustration and without limiting the generality of the foregoing:
1. To foster supportive community and private sector relationships to service the interest and needs of the youth of Little Falls, Totowa and Woodland Park, New Jersey.
2. To inform the community about the strengths of and challenges faced by Passaic Valley Regional High School (PVRHS)
3. To serve as a catalyst to support and enhance school improvement programs which heighten learning opportunities for children.
4. To provide small grants to PVRHS staff members to initiate quality projects consistent with the goals of the Foundation and to bring positive attention to PVRHS.
5. The making of distributions, for educational purposes, to organizations that qualify as exempt organizations under Section 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code or any successor statute.
6. To seek donations of equipment and funds from businesses or individuals to support the Foundation's educational goals and purposes.
Summer Performing Arts: The foundation sponsors a summer performing arts program for students in Grades 4-12. Approximately 350 students are afforded the opportunity to participate in dance, instrumental and/or vocal lessons and the dramatic arts. In addition, the students work with their peers in various ensemble performances. The high school students participate in an evening theatre arts program that culminates in a major production. In 2002 Jesus Christ Superstar was performed and in 2003 the selected production was Chess. 2004's production of Le Miserables was followed by Sweeney Todd in 2005, Urinetown in 2006, Tommy in 2007, Rent in 2008, Miss Saigon in 2009, South Pacific in 2010.
Evening Adult Classes: The foundation sponsors evening classes throughout the school year. A sampling of those offerings include: Introduction to Keyboarding, Microsoft Office applications, English as a Second Language, Cooking, and CPR. For additional information, please contact Debbie Benvenuti at (973) 785-3597. Scholarships: The foundation offers two $1,000 scholarships each year to graduating Passaic Valley senior students. Criteria for this award states that the student must be a PV graduate, must be attending a trade school, college or university, have financial need and complete an essay.
The foundation has instituted a Mini Grant Program for educators in the High School as well as from the three sending Districts. In total, five $750 grants are offered; one to each of the three sending districts and two within the high school. For additional information, please contact Paul Gerber at 973-890-2510 firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alumni Scholarship Awards Program: To learn how you can help deserving PV seniors by supporting our Alumni Scholarship Program.[click here]
Annual Beefsteak Dinner: Each year, [click here], the foundation sponsors a Beefsteak Dinner at the Brownstone House in Paterson. Please call Debbie Benvenuti at (973) 785-3597, or Judy DelRosso at (973) 956-7283 for tickets or for more information regarding this fundraiser.
Buy-a-Block: Imagine immortalizing your name and/or organization on a brick-paving block that is displayed at the entrance of Passaic Valley Regional High School.
Annual Sustaining Drive: If you are interested in becoming an annual contributor to the foundation, there are various levels of giving: Booster (up to $99), Century(($100+), Bronze ($250+), Silver ($500+), Gold ($1,000+), or Platinum ($5,000+). All contributors will have their names displayed on a handsome plaque in the high school.
Annual Golf Outing: Each year, [http://golf.pvrhs.net/], the foundation sponsors a Golf Outing at Preakness Valley Golf Course in Wayne. **All contributions are tax-deductible.
Board of Trustees